What Is Scotchgard™ Algae Resistant Roofing System?
Your home is a major investment.
A roof that retains its natural beauty and performance helps increase your home's overall value. But, no matter how beautiful your home may be, the presence of algae that cause unsightly black streaking could increase maintenance costs and reduce property values. Contrary to popular belief, the black discoloration found on homes in areas where moisture settles on shingles is not caused by mildew or fungus... it's roof algae.
Important Benefits of the Scotchgard™ Algae Resistant Roofing System
The following benefits can result from the Scotchgard™ AR System:
- The Scotchgard™ logo on quality shingle brands is your assurance of long-term algae and stain resistance.
- A roof retains its aesthetic appearance thus increasing appeal.
- Expanded options in color selection mean customers don't have to choose black to try to "hide" algae stains.
- Lower overall cost than repeated cleanings over the life of the roof.
- Environmentally responsible. Won't harm plants and shrubs.
Important Additional Information
Following are questions and answers that provide detailed, helpful information about algae staining on asphalt shingle roofs.